Comments

This page will become a collection of comments and feedback from visitors to this site. If you find this site helpful, please leave us your feedback. Comments are subject to approval.

If you wish to receive communication from other site visitors, feel free to leave your email address within your comment.

8 comments for “Comments

1. Elliott Gordon
    September 12, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Thank you for putting this site together

2. December 28, 2015 at 7:14 pm

I posted the following a year ago at Why Evolution Is True”:

From the post: “[T]he series is a tremendous achievement, a monument to his [Carl’s] editorial skill and sagacity, and to the breadth of his knowledge, interests, and influences. It is fabulous to have the full text available online.”

Please take a look at the whole post for my fuller thoughts, and also the many appreciative remarks from commenters as well.

3. Prof.Lalith Jayawickrama
    December 7, 2015 at 1:26 am

I was Dr Gans’s Research assistant for many years under Smithsonian Herpetology project in Sri Lanka. My close association not only with is research but as close as a personal relationship has been decades old. This online version of his work is a achievement that I wish he lived long enough to see it. Thank you for all your efforts which will enable us to continue his dream.

Lalith Jayawickrama

4. I Grefen
    December 4, 2015 at 7:36 am

Just to say THANK YOU for making the “Biology of the Reptilia” collection available for free online, for everybody. Christmas has come early this year!

5. Agustín Scanferla
    February 11, 2015 at 2:02 pm

The availability of the complete collection of “Biology of the Reptilia” in the web is fantastic, especially the older volumes that sometimes are hard to find in some libraries. Some chapters were (and still are) a basic source for my research. I really appreciate the effort of the Gans Foundation in this issue.

6. December 18, 2014 at 6:13 am

This is fantastic news. I was one of the lucky people who was able to spend time with Carl in the field, working, talking, drinking and discussing all sorts of things about our personal lives. He was a truly exceptional person and a selfless mentor for so many people. It is simply wonderful that these volumes are now going to accessible to all. They are on the one hand a testimony to his vision and determination, on the other the finest body of information ever assembled on reptiles. It will never happen again. Very exciting stuff.

7. Kathleen Dollman
    December 16, 2014 at 11:28 am

Biology of Reptilia is an invaluable source of information for anyone who studies this group. I, for one, fell in love with them, and BoR is the first source I refer to on any topic relating to these diverse and interesting animals. I am grateful that you made it so readily available as finding a complete set is almost impossible. Thank you!

8. Jean Meyer
    November 23, 2014 at 8:50 am

Dear Fund members,
    For years I am desperately looking for the missing volumes of my ‘Biology of Reptilia’ library. These books are an incomparable source and wealth of knowledge on morphology and physiology of this fascinating animal class. I’m always referring to these books as I prepare talks or lectures on herpetological medicine. When this page popped up this morning on the search engine list of my computer (while I was looking again for missing volumes) I saw a dream becoming true!
    I thank you very much for making the access to all of the volumes possible by electronic media.
    And I want to thank Prof. Carl Gans for devoting his life to these fascinating creatures and making this compilation of knowledge possible!
    Sincerely, Jean Meyer