The Gans Collections and Charitable Fund periodically offers awards and grants to further research and education in fields consistent with the work and approach of Professor Carl Gans. You may add yourself to our mailing list to receive notifications of new award opportunities with the form at the bottom of the page.
You may complete a grant application for one of the below conferences. Grant application deadline is March 15, 2019.
Gekkota Mundi II: 26-28 May 2019: Steinhardt Museum of Natural History, School of Zoology, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel.
ICVM 12: Congress of the International Society of Vertebrate Morphology: 21-25 July 2019: Grandior Hotel, Prague, Czech Republic
JMIH: 23-28 July 2019: Snowbird, Utah
Applications for three 2018 conferences are completed.
- Lizards of the Mediterranean Symposium: 2018: June 18-21., Tel Aviv, Israel
- Joint Meeting of American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists (ASIH), Society for the Study of Amphibians & Reptiles (SSAR), Herpetologists’ League (HL), & American Elasmobranch Society (AES): 2018: 8–15 July, Rochester 2018
- Society for the study of Evolution, American Society of Naturalists, & Society of Systematic Biologists (Evolution Meetings): 2018: 18-23 August, Montpellier, France
You can view some of our previous grant recipients at the below links:
- 2018 SICB Broadening Participation Travel Award
- Grants for conferences in 2017
- Grants for three conferences in 2016
- Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles (SSAR) 2015 Meeting